Paul Kierstead

In article ,
"vernon" wrote:

If you have the lathe bolted down, check to see if everthing is level and
you have not twisted the bed. This can be fixed by shimming the feet until
the tailstock matches with the headstock. Just a thought

Not bolted down, but interesting thought. It has cast iron ways; can
they actually be twisted? Mind you, my lathe has a cheap stamped steel
stand, so I expect the ways tend to force the stand into some "mode",
not the other way around, but still I wonder...

Thanks for the suggestion. I might put a couple of winding sticks on
there just for fun...

PK