John Woodhall

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
due to cold temps tonight, and the fact that my poor old cars are stuck in
the drive... i need a quick check for sufficient antifreeze. i heard that
antifreeze tastes sweet...so is it ok just to dip a finger in the rad and
drop a drip on my tongue? i know its not gonna tell me if there's enough
but it will tell me that the previous owners had put some in.

Steve

If your not sure then drain it and refill with fresh mix of 50/50
coolant/antifreeze and water. Don`t forget its the anti corrosive properties
that you need as much as the anti freezing. Easy peasy and won`t cost the
earth.