GTO69RA4

Today I tried to return my Craftsman clicker /ratchet torque wrench for a
replacement because the lock-unlock
switch is defective. Sales associate told me they only guarantee hand tools
having moving parts for one year. Hammers and screwdrivers are examples of
those with the "forever" warranty. Since ratchets have moving parts they are
only warranted for one year. I don't know what to say about adjustable
wrenches, pliers, gas torches,universal joint sockets, hand braces,tape
measures, micrometers, and so on into the night. Any others run into this
policy? Jim

Unless they changed something in the last few days, he's full of it. I've had
Craftsman ratchets replaced with no problem. They sometimes will give you a
free rebuild kit if the model is right, instead of a whole new ratchet, but
they will always make good on it.

GTO(John)