John Stumbles

Default Gas Torches

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
I agree too, next time I need to mix some concrete I will definitely
go for the Rothenburger! :-)

A bit bizarre that no Bernzomatics were tested either, given that they

could
well be the most commonly found in practice.

Agreed (as another Berzomatic user :-)

The £10 kit from B&Q with a bottle and a simple nozzle is very good vfm. If
you're doing lots of soldering, a fair amount of 22mm or practically any
28mm stuff the piezo ignition version at about £25 is worth going for. Apart
from the spark ignition the flame puts a lot more heat into the job -
essential for soldering the bigger fittings.

The Wickes £25 piezo ignition kit also seemed OK to me though I only fired
it up and waved the flame around, and didn't use it in anger.