AAvK

Mike already gave you an excellent reply. One thing that might have been
assumed, but is not true. Do you have a decent bench or some means of
supporting the boards when you plane them? A plane without a good steady
support for the work piece is a lost cause.
With a few clamps and some ingenuity, you can turn a table saw top into a
workable make-do work surface for planing.

He can also do jointing with the table saw with a purchased or home made jig.
DAGS on these quoted terms: "table saw jointing" & "jointing on the table saw"
The Table Saw Book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
Jim Tolpin's Table Saw Magic, Second Edition:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

I do not own a table saw, I am no expert, just would love to "have" a table
saw, myself. Just trying to help.

Alex