Lee Blaver

Default what smells under my tree?

a wrote:
I decided against risking the chainsaw I mentioned a week or so ago and have
been hacking away at the roots of this big tree. Today I finally managed to
topple it (surprisingly easy - no roots going down, all were going outwards
maybe due to the high clay content of the ground?)

snip

Are you quite sure there weren't any roots going downwards...

Although tree roots are not thought to actually crack drains, they are
attracted to ones that are already cracked or leaking and pulling out
roots that have grown through a broken pipe may cause leaks...

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and NTL world com