Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter

Default Kmart buys Sears

One of the most interesting books I read in the past few years was the
history of F.W. Woolworth (yes, I should get out more). Woolworth did
almot the same thing to suppliers that Walmart does way back in the
early part of the 20th century, dictating prices to suppliers and
dropping them if they couldn't make a price point. They also did the
Warren Buffett thing, buying businesses outright with cash (Woolworth
never went into debt, back then) and running them to maximize profits
and get a certain price.

Where is Woolworth now?
My dad would like to know, he misses the liver and onions that the
lunch counter used to serve.

Nick