Tom Gardner

Just take out your pristine back-up CD and make a new copy. Oh, you forgot
to make a back-up? Bet you won't do THAT again! (Do as I say, not as I
do.) Actually, I DO have ISO's of everything important.

"Derek" wrote in message
Not quite off topic, but .....

Has anyone here managed to remove scratches from CDs' (compact disks)
in a lathe?

I have a few that have been abused to the point that I can't copy them
and start over. I have tried various buffing proceedures with little
success. Any thoughts on the feasability of making a backing plate and
taking a light pass or two over the surface.

I'm a novice, so advice on chuck speed and tool shape would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.