Modat22

On 18 Nov 2004 13:37:10 -0800, (Alan Horowitz)
wrote:

Much of my work involves rusted hardware which can only be accessed
from below... can ultra-low-surface-tension penetraating oils, used
to disassemble rusted-together bolts/nuts/etc, be gelled? Using the
liquid (which does work great) straight out of the bottle, ends up
with virtually of all of it on the floor!

What I usually do is heat one of the parts a bit with a propane torch
(be careful and watch for ignitable)

Then cool the part with penetrating oil. Its a nasty method (lots of
bad fumes) but it works for me pretty well. Seems to suck the oil
right where it needs to go.