Siggy

Definitely DON'T put it in the lathe. Any polishing needs to be done
radially, not along the circular data path of the CD. I think you can buy
polishing devices at most stores that sell CDs. Even Best Buy and places
like that carry them and they work quite well as long as the scratch isn't
real deep.

Robert

"Derek" wrote in message
Not quite off topic, but .....

Has anyone here managed to remove scratches from CDs' (compact disks)
in a lathe?

I have a few that have been abused to the point that I can't copy them
and start over. I have tried various buffing proceedures with little
success. Any thoughts on the feasability of making a backing plate and
taking a light pass or two over the surface.

I'm a novice, so advice on chuck speed and tool shape would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.