N Cook

"rijo1" wrote in message
I am working on a circuit board out of a mig welder. The problem is a
resister burnt and I can't read the some of the color bands. This
circuit board controls wire speed, arc stabilizer, etc. There is also
high voltage on this board . How would be the best way to determine the
proper resistance of the burnt resister ? Thanks for any help in advance
.

Resistors catastrophically failing are a bit like fuses in this sense that
they tend to fail because something else has failed first. So replace
whatever is suspect connected to this R first. Then starting high value R
suck it and see. With the main welding transformer disconnected so just
powering the controller board power up
via a variac initially.

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~diverse