TheDragon

"jbert" wrote in message
My head phone jack broke off while connected to the TV and the plug was
left behind inside the socket. As a result, there is no sound on the
speakers. How can I easily get this piece out? The TV is only a year old.
Thanks JAB

Happened to me, use a 1mm drill bit in a dremmel, then a pair of needle node
pliers inside the hole, force the jaws open there should be enough friction
to pull it out.

Slightly more messy, get a small 2mm allen key, put a dab of super glue on
the end, stick to the stuck jack and wait a minute. then gently pull out.
This is 2nd to the drill method, as you risk pushing the jack further in
with the pressure required to cure the glue.

Option 1 also works for snapped (Non mortise) keys in locks.