James Sweet

"Rajiv Mehra" wrote in message
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the response.

You seem to be pretty knowledgeable so can I ask you some questions?.

First

What if my CCFLs are faulty? Don't you think in that case too the
inverter will shutdown?

I just want to be sure before I put some money in a new inverter (some
$60 but even then the exact same part is not available anywhere. They
do have similar inverters which can make 2 CCFLs light up, instead of
4 like mine http://www.lcdpart.com/Products/cda039f.html)

I did see some $7 inverters on All electronics. They might be my only
solution.

Try the $7 inverter first, chances are it'll work, at the very least it'll
show you if the tube is good and if you don't end up using it you can always
use it for some other project.