Rajiv Mehra

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the response.

You seem to be pretty knowledgeable so can I ask you some questions?.

First

What if my CCFLs are faulty? Don't you think in that case too the
inverter will shutdown?

I just want to be sure before I put some money in a new inverter (some
$60 but even then the exact same part is not available anywhere. They
do have similar inverters which can make 2 CCFLs light up, instead of
4 like mine http://www.lcdpart.com/Products/cda039f.html)

I did see some $7 inverters on All electronics. They might be my only
solution.

Second

Why does only the bottom pair of CCFLs in my monitor have black ends?

I am guessing that only those ccfls were switched on when the monitor
was all right, am I wrong ?

Last:

Do I really have to light up all 4 CCFLs? What if I get 2 of those
cheap inverters and light up two CCFls , one at top and other at
bottom. I do understand that the display's brightness might suffer but
having 4 CCFLs sounds like overkill to me. Maybe that is why the CCFLs
at the top never switched on.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,

Rajiv Mehra

PS: BTW there are inverters out there which take 5 volts (as the
supply) instead of 12 vdc. I saw them on some websites. One can be
seen here http://www.chisam.com.tw/p3.htm

MacMan85 wrote in message . ..
AFAIK All inverters use 12V as the supply. All TFT screens I've seen
have all the lamps switched on all the time - the brightness signal
alters the intensity of all lamps, not switches some of them off. Of
the four connection wires, one should be 12V, one Ground, one switches
the tubes on if ..........