James Sweet

"Rick Jones" wrote in message
James Sweet wrote:

"Rick Jones" wrote in message

I'm looking for a schematic for the above named monitor. My vertical
has compressed down to a thin line across the center of the screen.
Replacing the electrolytic capacitors has not helped.
Searches of the web have been fruitless. One monitor schematic for
the Commodore A2002 was alleged to be similar but when I get down to the
component level they are very different.

What use would a schematic be? It should be easy to find the vertical

output
IC or transistors on the board, check to see if they're shorted, if they

are
then look for an open fusible resistor nearby. Could also be as simple

as a
cold solder joint in that area.

I need the schematic to determine exactly which components those are
on the PCBs.

This is not meant to be an insult, but if you can't identify the vertical
output IC or transistors by glancing at the board then you probably should
do some research on CRT display repair before you dig into this one. Very
worst case you could simply follow the traces back from where the vertical
yoke plugs in.