John

Default Panasonic TV has sound, no picture

I have a Panasonic 20" CT2006se TV that has a strange problem. When
it is turned on picture and sound are fine. After 5-7 seconds the
picture goes blank, sound still works. Anytime I change channel,
change sound, or any other button on the remote or front panel
buttons, the picture comes back for 5-7 seconds and then disappears.

When I push the "Setup" button to change settings, the picture stays
on as long as the Setup Overlay is on the screen. All Picture,
Timer,Setup settings are fine, the "V chip" function is off. If this
was a computer, I would say it it a BIOS corruption issue. Is it
possible that the Setup function (which is Firmware) can be reset or
reprogrammed?

Thanks for all info,
John