Bob Shuman

Pat,

I generally look in the owner's manual and contact the manufacturer (using
the phone number listed or a visit to their web site) or the closest
authorized service center. Usually you can order parts, especially the
commonly replaced items like the microswitches, diode, HV capacitor, etc.

Another option I've used is at the following repair web site:

http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_6.asp

They handle parts and provide a lot of basic troubleshooting info, assembly
drawings, etc. for many common appliances in use today. In either case, be
prepared to pay more than what you might expect since you are paying for the
convenience of having the distributor stock these items and not just the
manufacturing cost.

Good luck and exercise caution when working on the microwave.

Bob

"Pat" wrote in message
Thanks to everyone for all the replies and warnings. I've worked around
electronics before and know stay away from the caps or make sure they're
discharged and everything is unplugged if I must go near them.

If it turns out to be a bad switch (as seems likely) where's a good place

get a replacement?

Thanks again. -Pat