Pat

Thanks to everyone for all the replies and warnings. I've worked around
electronics before and know stay away from the caps or make sure they're
discharged and everything is unplugged if I must go near them.

If it turns out to be a bad switch (as seems likely) where's a good place to
get a replacement?

Thanks again. -Pat

"Ken G." wrote in message
Now that you scared the guy to death .....

its probably a door switch that jammed when someone slammed it . look in
where those plastic spades on the door poke into the front there are
some squarish black switches that get pushed when the spades go through
the holes .
Each switch has a little ( probably ) red nub that clicks when you push
it in . You can reach in and push those with something to see if they
mechanically click .
If you do find the bad one you can unplug the wire from the back of it
and note where they went and take the switch to some repair senter for a
new one . Put it back the same way it came out . You dont need to do any
of those silly tests .... those are for ovens that ha door damage .
Just dont touch the wires coming out of a big capacitor ( silver oval
like can mounted to the bottom or rear of the case )