JURB6006

One new question;

Just exactly happens if the power is lost to all solenoids ? Fuse blows, what
it just revs up and sits there, or does it take off in second or third and
disable passing gear, ummm, for example.

Reason I ask is that some other similar vehicles have experienced taking off in
second and the dash went out. This has been found to be the ignition switch in
a couple of cases. Really if the fuse blows it's blown, but a switch.In this
case the vehicle doesn't have the digital dash (IIRC) and being a 4WD it might
just have a seperate VSS for the speedo.Now I'm not trying to shove a symcure
down your throat, but I think test one will be to see if power applies to the
topside of those solenoids.

Believe me, when I get back under the thing I'll check those connections, and
if that proves nothing I'm going to find out what is and is not being driven.

With your advice I'll definitely make sure the electrical end of it is OK
before money droppage.

I will do what you suggested, soon, but if you happen to know, if it were to
lose all power to the solenoids, what would it do ?

I think this is a crucial piece of information here. Can you drive home with
the tranny fuse blown ? This also comes back to the ignition switch if it
applies the voltage TO the tranny fuse.

If the tranny is reporting to the PCM what gear it's in, WHY ? Because it still
has valves, and maybe a pure hydraulic mode to get you home ( ? ? ? ? )