Franc Zabkar

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:22:40 -0600, Rick Jones
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm looking for a schematic for the above named monitor. My vertical
has compressed down to a thin line across the center of the screen.
Replacing the electrolytic capacitors has not helped.
Searches of the web have been fruitless. One monitor schematic for
the Commodore A2002 was alleged to be similar but when I get down to the
component level they are very different.

Have you tried these URLs?
http://project64.c64.org/hw/peri.html
http://amiga.serveftp.net/schematics.html

I suggest you identify the vertical output IC or transistor pair. It
should be fairly obvious which IC is the right one by following the
yoke connector to the main PCB. These ICs are usually mounted on a
heatsink and are packaged in SIPs. Their supply is most often derived
from a winding on the flyback transformer. There will be a series
rectifier diode and probably a low ohm fusible resistor.

If you still can't find the vertical IC, post some part numbers and
someone will be able to recognise it. You will most probably find that
the datasheet for the IC will contain an application circuit that will
closely match the layout in your monitor.

- Franc Zabkar