Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 02:03:45 GMT, "NSM" put finger to
keyboard and composed:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
.. .

| I don't like your chances Franc. The only thing I an think of is
| electrically conductive epoxy.

If it's a zebra connection wouldn't that be worse? You'd short everything to
everything.

It's not a zebra elastomer connection. The copper traces of the flex
cable bear directly against the copper traces of the PCB. The two are
retained with some kind of glue. It's a very peculiar and IMO very
poor connection method. In fact, I've seen more adhesive on a postage
stamp.

He could just try to align it as best he can and hold it there to test. Glue
it if it works.

On closer inspection some of the printed copper traces on the flex
lead have delaminated. It appears this job is a lost cause. :-(

Anyway, here are some pics. The original 5MP photos have been
compressed to 90%, so the quality is poor.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~fzabkar/label.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~fzabkar/instruments.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~fzabkar/flex_lead2.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~fzabkar/flex_lead.jpg