dkuhajda

FYI: I Never work on Microwave ovens. They simply are not worth the
trouble or RISK to me. Realize that the capacitor in a microwave oven
stores a charge roughly equivalent to the LifePak defibrillators we are
seeing advertised on tv. If you get across it the wrong way with it
charged at the wrong time in your heartbeat, boom, your probably dead
unless medical help arrives in a few minutes, at a minimum you just did
damage to your heart. That would be during the T wave of your EKG.

At the very least, everyone I know who works on microwave ovens now, has
insulative gloves up to the elbows on at least one arm AND double checks
the high voltage stored on the capacitor with a high voltage probe.

My suggestion, pay someone the $50 labor to work on it for you. If someone
really does not know exactly what they are doing and is willing to accept
the risk, $50 or so, is simply not worth the risk for the average Joe
owner.

David