Robbie

In article ,
Johnboy wrote:

I finally retired my shop vac, always had to wear ear muffs. Bought a
Jet DC, the dc 650. Wow! So quite and it was interesting that when I
hooked it up to my table saw, I hadn't cut any wood but it had much
more power than the shop vac. I pulled the table insert, looked at the
amount of dust inside, then turned on the DC and couldn't believe the
dust that the shop vac wouldn't get disappear with the Jet.
SO, I now need to hook up my vents. I've read on the net PVC vs.
metal. It's like cars, everyone has thier own opinion. From what I've
read, I'm leaning towards metal. Will go shopping and compare prices.
I don't have that much to run in my basement shop.
Opinions?

You should always wear muffs whilst using power tools. Just because a
tool's acoustic output isn't 'obviously' offensive to the ear, doesn't
mean it isn't doing damage.
Use muffs because those plugs are not a good idea as they tend to ram
waxy sawdust into the ear canal during insertion.

JM2CW