Curtis

Thanks for the info... my Dad recently gave me his old RAS and I find myself
using it much more than dragging out the 10" tablesaw I bought a while back
(which I'm generally happy with but I don't have space to keep it set up all
the time). I just called and ordered the safety kit someone else mentioned
in this thread. I'll have to check out this book as well.

"Rumpty" wrote in message
news
In addition to what Doug mentions, correct alignment, proper blade

(Forrest
WW1 with TCP profile) and addition of a long rip fence makes ripping a
breeze all day long.

For those who are interested, one of the best books on the market for
learning to use the RAS is the Mr. sawdust book "How To Master The Radial
Saw" by Walley Kunkel.

http://mrsawdust.com/

--

Rumpty

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:19:26 +0000, Steven and Gail Peterson wrote:

There are more concerns. Ripping hardwood on the RAS is about the
scariest thing I do and I avoid it when I can.

Can you elaborate on what makes this a scary operation? I find it no
problem at all with holddown, splitter and anti-kickback pawls set
properly and feeding against the rotation of the blade and using push
sticks to finish cuts.

-Doug