Johnboy

Default QUESTION: Dust collection plumbing. PVC or metal duct?

I finally retired my shop vac, always had to wear ear muffs. Bought a
Jet DC, the dc 650. Wow! So quite and it was interesting that when I
hooked it up to my table saw, I hadn't cut any wood but it had much
more power than the shop vac. I pulled the table insert, looked at the
amount of dust inside, then turned on the DC and couldn't believe the
dust that the shop vac wouldn't get disappear with the Jet.
SO, I now need to hook up my vents. I've read on the net PVC vs.
metal. It's like cars, everyone has thier own opinion. From what I've
read, I'm leaning towards metal. Will go shopping and compare prices.
I don't have that much to run in my basement shop.
Opinions?