mac davis

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 06:56:55 -0500, "George" george@least wrote:

If it's your firewood, all you have to do is leave the bark on a round piece
to limit the penetration of the checks. Lots of us woodpile turners leave
stock in the log and sacrifice a couple inches when we take a couple of
blanks, rather than creating storage problem with a stack of coated blocks
waiting to be turned. It depends more on shading than species, but take the
bad actors first, leaving the birch and elm until last.

Oh yes, don't take the tractor to stack a load and leave your wife and son
at the splitter. They don't care if they're splitting curly maple. DAMHIKT

nah... I'm not that into it that I'd go collecting.. yet..
As of 2 years ago, I refused to even imaging owning an rv, a van or
one of those silly 4 door pickup trucks..

Last November we got 2 of 'em.. waiting for a van to fall into my life
next.. lol

This stuff was a few pieces of the cord I bought last winter from a
tree service.. mixed hardwood, though about 1/3 of it was redwood,
which I sure don't consider hardwood..