SQLit

"m Ransley" wrote in message
2-4ft tubes 40 watt , output the equivilant of 320w incandesant but
track lighting is directed not dispersed , you may find you need
ceiling light . I kept the flourescent and added can spot lights,
kitchens need alot of light. In a 12x15 kitchen I ended up with 12 4ft
flourescent tubes directed up in wood beams and 5 can lights and 6
mini spots all even flourescent on 3 separate dimmers equal to 2800
watts if needed, kitchens need light

slight correction 40 watts per tube for T-12 lamps. 32 watts for T-8 lamps
2 tubes 80 watts, lumens can vary by lamp manufacture slightly.

T-12 are the standard ones that are 1 1/8 inch in dia. The T-8's are 1 inch
in diameter.