Joseph Meehan

Julie wrote:
I'm planning on replacing the flourescent fixture in my kitchen with
some kind of track lighting.
Right now I have 2 4-foot tubes.

Any suggestions as to how much wattage I need to produce a similar
amount of light?

TIA,
JSH

The whole thing can get rather complex. It is easy to come up with the
same total light output, but the distribution may be far different.
Generally the track lighting is going to produce much less light per watt,
and I see Ransley already gave you that figure, but you may be more
interested in how much light is delivered to ???? You likely want to light
a counter area, but how about the rest of the room. The track lighting is
likely to focus more of it's lower output on the work area, and maybe
deliver the same light with not many more watts, but then other areas are
going to be darker.

Experience is helpful to get it right the first time. If you get a good
track system, you will be able to add more lights, change wattage, and types
of lights to customize the results after the first try. A cheap unit is
going to offer very little change capability.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math