Leonard Caillouet

"John Del" wrote in message
Subject: Mitsubishi WS55859 HDTV
From: Rick Jones
Date: 11/15/04 10:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
My Mitsubishi has a series of black dots spaced at regular intervals
running diagonally across the screen and then repeating again on the
lower part. A tech that came out said it was burn-in and would not be
covered under my warranty.

Can't be burn in. Burns in CRT based projectors show up on the projected

image
as colored marks, not black. The burn is a subtracted color. A burn in

the
green tube will leave a magenta mark, a burn on the red tube leaves a cyan
mark, etc. In order for the marks to be black, the three tubes would need

physically occupy the same space (impossible).

If all three tubes are burned completely and the convergence is good, you
would get EXACTLY a black spot. This is likely not burn in, from the
description, however. If it is it is likely from a defect in the set to get
a pattern like that burned in. I have a customer with a similar model
describing a very similar symptom. It is out of town and I won't see it
until Thursday, but I will post what I find.

Leonard