manoman

Default Garage Power Shopping List

Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:06:15 -0000, "manoman"
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:46:31 -0000, "manoman"
wrote:

Thanks andy, know anywhere in the north ?

Phil

They'll ship it.

For orders under £150 cost is £5.

You might want to cost your shopping list on their site, they are
usually competitive.

Alternatively, if you want to visit a trade counter, try WF
Electrical. They will normally do a deal and have branches over
most of the country. The will cut lengths of SWA as well and will
deliver within reason.

www.wf-online.com

WF and TLC have own brand stuff which is quite similar. WF's Alto
range for lights etc. is pretty good.

While I think of it, if you are putting fluorescents in a garage,
you might want to consider electronic ballasted ones. They cost a
bit more but work well in cold weather and don't flicker.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Thanks for the information.

Can I get those from Screwfix Andy?

Phil

I haven't seen them there.

Again, TLC have them, as do WF and any other trade supplier, although
they may have to order them in - normally 2-3 days.

Here's an example.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FGDP58slashHF.html

You can get fittings without covers with the electronic ballasts and
you can also buy the ballasts separately to put in a standard fitting,
but it's generally cheaper to buy them in the fitting.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Think I'll stick with the cheapies for now...interesting to know they are
out there though, they look the business!

Phil