Rajiv Mehra

David,
I cannot find any SMT fuses. What do they look like??
I saw a lot of SMT resistors, capacitors and transistors (with values
on them). I can see one fuse (a green colored standard resistor type
thing with F4A printed on it). I guess it is the only fuse on the PCB.
I checked it, that is not open.

Furthermore I do not think the LCD monitor was running with both top
AND the bottom CCFls running at all time. I say that because ONLY the
bottom CCFLs have their ends blackened. The top ones are fine. So I
guess when the brighness is turned down, only the bottom CCFLs light
up. But when you turn up the brighness, the top CCFLs ALSO light up.
Of course I am just guessing, but maybe someone out there (with a lot
of experience with Inverters) can confirm my speculation???

I also noted that the ccfls with black ends still flash on for half a
second.

Anyway, I am still perplexed by why there is no 12V dc input coming to
the inverter board.

Any tips ?
Thanks!

dkuhajda wrote in message ...
Check for open surface mount fuses on the inverter.
If ALL the inverters are not running, top and bottom lamp, ALL the
inverters go into shutdown. Same will happen if one of the lamps is simply
worn out/bad.

Replace with same size slow blow fuses and run test unit for days off and
on.

David