Gerard Bok

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:53:39 +1100, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

I've been given a Mercedes-Benz instrument cluster where a flex cable
has come adrift due to mishandling. The PCB is microcontroller based
and interfaces with an odometer via a flex cable. The other gauges
connect via long pins. AFAICS, the flex cable is attached with some
kind of glue - there are no clamps, no screws, no rubber strain
relief. The traces have a very fine pitch, and the cable is almost too
short to work on. The PCB is single sided, so I could probably drill
two holes

Are you very sure ?
'Very fine pitch' and 'single sided PCB' sound like a
contradiction to me. (Or as a euphemism for 'multi layer :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok