Jim Adney

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:30:27 -0800 Jamie
wrote:

the only thing i can think of is
that the electric heaters are
not properly laid out over
laying each other to cancel each
other out which in this case
can be hard to do..

I agree with this. I don't know if the makers of this kind of heater
have thought of this problem, but they should have. It should be
possible to lay the heating material in such a way that the external
field is minimized, but it sounds like this was not done in your case.

It might be worthwhile to check with the maker of your heater to see
if they have guidelines in installing it. I have no idea how hard it
might be to get it corrected.

I agree with Sam, that trying to shield it is likely to be futile.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA