Charles Schuler

"Ignoramus24505" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:16:50 GMT, NSM wrote:

"Ignoramus24505" wrote in message

| Thanks for your suggestion. What I am leaning towards is this. To find
| some place that can rent me a bigger power meter and a spectrum
| analyzer and a clean signal generator (unfortunately, as I said
| earlier, my signal generator works, but produces broken sine waves).
|
| That way I could assure that 1) the amplifier produces sufficient
| power, 2) that it does not distort the signal.
|
| The question is, how to find such a lab.

Look for someone who services two way radio or marine electronics (often
has
an antenna on the roof). They may be able to suggest someone.

I found some electronics rental place nearby, will talk to them on
Monday.

I doubt that you really need a spectrum analyzer. If they make rated output
with rated drive, they are most likely to meet harmonic rejection
specifications. Power supply, dummy load, wattmeter, and a signal source
should do it. Also, it would be nice to be able to monitor the supply
current.