Mike Mitchell

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:01:54 -0000, Sausage King
wrote:

In article ,
says...
But the Royal Bank of Scotland will be announcing a profit this week
of £6 billion! The big four banks are reckoned to have made £50,000
EVERY MINUTE of 2003. This is not what I would call a reasonable rate
of return. It is greed, pure and simple. A few very highly paid
managers are obtaining vast salaries and perks, while the citizens are
enticed by beautifully made adverts to get ever deeper into debt. If
the chancellor levies another windfall tax on such avaricious
behaviour, I for one will cheer loudly. Maybe once day the shysters
will realise that if they play fair with the public, there won't be a
need to levy windfall taxes.

So should hard work not bring it's own rewards?

And do you really believe that everyone in an organisation that makes
thousands of pounds a minute is being handsomely rewarded? If not, why
not? They all contribute, don't they? At least Bill Gates made
millionaires out of tea ladies, even though his software is full of
holes.

MM