Asimov

"Albert" bravely wrote to "All" (13 Nov 04 17:20:03)
--- on the heady topic of "low temp snap action temp switch needed"

Al From: Albert
Al I need a bi-metallic switch, automatically resettable that closes
Al around 15F. A small inexpensive type, similar to the kind put inside
Al nicad battery packs to limit the dissipation of the batteries would be
Al ideal.

Al What I'm finding when I google is very large and expensive temperature
Al controllers that operate from 60F and up.

Al Anyone know of vendors selling these types of products???

Al What I want is a simple alarm to warn me when my freezer gets too warm
Al to keep the contents frozen.

Al Thanks.

Al A

Find a discarded freezer and rip the thermostat out of it. Use this to
sound an alarm powered by battery. Set it a little higher than the one
in the present freezer.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... A fail-safe circuit will destroy others.