NSM

Default Testing a Harris 7223 RF Amplifier

"Ignoramus7994" wrote in message
| I just won 2 lots consisting of total of 10 Harris 7223 RF amplifiers,
| at a liquidation auction. I would like to test them a bit.
|
| They are rated 250 watt output.
|
| I have a signal generator, a 25W power meter, and an oscilloscope.
|
| They are in their shipping boxes, looking pretty good and rated in
| military condition A4, which is like new.
|
| What could I test to make sure that they are in a perfect condition
| indeed?

A crude test is to connect a 250 W light bulb across the output and run them
up to power. Better would be an electric heater element, and better still a
real dummy load of the correct impedance.

For the first two, be aware that you don't have the right impedance so you
can't put 250 W into the load. Also, the load will not be constant across
the frequency range. You'll need to do some calculation to figure out a
reasonable power level.

You might want to ask for further ideas on a ham radio or Heathkit mailing
list.