Sam Goldwasser

(Gary DeWitt) writes:

2 ideas
Find someone who has a heap of mu-metal sheets and lay under TV

What is mu-metal, and is there a source where it can be salvaged from?
I saw something like this on the web, poorly described and priced at
hundreds per square foot!

Mumetal is a highly magnetically permiable material. However, it's expensive
as you note, and difficult to work (you can't bend it without reannealing for
maximum effectiveness).

And, since you can't see through it, at least the front of your TV
will be exposed. If it is simply put under the TV but the magnetic field
will still come in from the beyond.

You will end up spending much more on bandaids than on an LCD TV.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.