Simon Cussonnet

As far as you don't use anything else than a __ dedicated wire connected to
the earth network of your house or building __ which impedance is low
enough forget about it !

50 to 100 Ohms look good for an earth ground. It may increase up to 1000
Ohms or more in
a dry rock soil. It's up to you to wet the earth pole.

I think that your white return line is the neutral wire. With the exception
of very specific cases it isn't connected to the earth. PROHIBITED and
DANGEROUS to use an existing wire in a two-wire line. In some cases it may
raise pretty high above the earth equipotential. Moreover you aren't free of
any error committed by an employee resulting in the application of the live
to your equipment case. Don't forget that a mains line is not polarized.