Gary DeWitt

Default electron gun(s) and magnetic fields

I have a 54" RCA rear projection. I had a new hardwood floor installed
with an electric heating grid underneath. The grid consists of heavy
screen mesh, similar to window screen but 2-3 times heavier wire, laid
in one continuous circuit back and forth across the room. There is a
high voltage, low amperage current running through it. Here's the
problem - when the heater is on, the guns in my tv misalign, looks
like 3-d image viewed without the correct glasses. Soon as I turn off
the heat, the tv returns to normal. How can I shield the tv from the
floor induced field? Faraday cage? (I don't really want to view thru
wire mesh!) Grounded sheet of steel under the set? Raise the set a
foot or two off the floor? Both? Any suggestions, particularly from
those who have solved this problem or engineers, would be greatly
appreciated!

Real E-mail: gpdewitt at earth link dot net (no space in earthlink)