Leonard Caillouet

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"Art" writes:

Been repairing the Pioneer, Sony, Panasonic, Etc Plasma units. All the
Manufacturers indicate any kind of glass damage to the front

panel-screen
assembly will require replacement of the complete panel assembly due to

the
high probability of loss of seal between the cells and eventual

failures.
Therefo in most cases addressed, when there has been any type of

cracking
and/or damages to the front panel assemblies, inclusive of the

overlaying
glass, the Manufactures furnish the cost of a replacement panel, then

the
servicer is required to change all the electronics, mounting, and

enclosure
assemblies to the unit before considering the item being operational.

The
cost of the display section is usually between 75% and 85% cost of the

whole
unit, that is why I posted normally the item will be uneconomical to

repair.

And you accept that as "fact"? If the set operates normally and a close
inspection shows no physical damage to the underlying plasma panel,

wouldn't
you just replace the protective screen if it were your TV rather than

spending
$5,000 or more to replace the set?

Good point, Sam. Too often, we fail to recognize the difference between
assumption and fact.

There was a scrap dealer in my hometown with the slogan, "one man's trash is
another man's treasure."

Leonard