Bob Urz

JURB6006 wrote:

Hi;

Code said TCC or circuit. The original TCC solenoid was found with crumbling
electrical connections. Ran good for one night after it was replaced.

The only way it can know for sure if the TCC is bad or not engaging is to
compare the VSS to the crank sensor.

If someone could confirm or deny this I'd appreciate it, when it threw the code
and started taking off in second, with passing gear disabled, this is a "limp
home" mode, correct ? I ask because it's showing exactly the same symptom.

What is the likelyhood that it needs a torque convertor clutch ? I'll mess with
valve bodies and bands, even pumps, but I will not take a torque converter
apart, even for my Mother. The rebuilt is $360 I guess and we got guys to put
it in.

Also, what else to check before taking the plunge.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JURB

ah, what do you have? The notorious P1870 code?
I have similar problems with mine when its hot on the hiway.
Otherwise, its fine. What i have discovered is that the valve body
wear is causing problems. The valve hangs up in the valve bore and
the TCC does not fully lock up.

New valve bodies are pretty expensive. A company called Sonax makes kits
and valves to repair the valve body without changing it. There is a
special reamer and a updated valve to salvage the body.

You might check it out. I have been trying to figure out if i can take
the body off and repair mine with the trannie still in the truck. I take
it you have a 4l60E? If its gone too long slipping, you may need a
rebuilt torque convertor also.

Bob