H. R. Bob Hofmann

(Reiner Schall) wrote in message om...
John Robertson wrote in message . ..

I'm looking to spend around $1500US for a portable (able to move
between home and girlfriends for example) Multimedia projectors and
was wondering if there are any to steer clear from, also ones that
have a reasonable cost for a replacement bulb ($ 200 - 500US seems a
bit high to me). I wish to use this mostly for watch TV or movies on a
pull down screen or simply a clean white wall.

It's pretty bad, but there is no projector with cheaper bulbs. It seem
that the companys like to go the same way than the ink-jet-printers go
before. They offer "cheap" projectors, but expensive bulbs. So the
earn continious money from your wallet.

I've been looking at a number of brands - Optoma, Epson, and InFocus
but can't find many review web sites.

Have a look at
www.projectorcentral.com
I do not know how independent these reviews are. I suggest to compare
different reviews. Also have a look in Computer Magazines.
Unfortunateley I've unable to suggest an english magazin, cause I've
writing from germany.

Good luck, Reiner

PC World has done some reviews on projectors. I personally think
in-focus is a good brand, but that's just my opinion based on some
transient usage, not on any hard facts.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann