Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:55:54 GMT, "Phil Nelson"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I need help fixing the squished vertical in my Sharp 3LS36 TV. This is a
mini color set from 1986. You can view the symptom at:

http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/Sharp3LS36Screen.jpg

A piece of the schematic showing the vertical circuits is at:

http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/Sharp3LS36sch1.jpg

I have replaced C501, C502, and C503. I measure 9.4vdc at pin 14 of the IC,
as spec'd. At pin 13 next door, however, I measure close to zero, rather
than the 6.8vdc called for.

I'm betting that C509 has dried out. I'd change C506 as well.

Vertical size appears to be regulated by sensing the voltage across a
2 ohm resistor. The current through this resistor is the vertical yoke
current. Pin 15 of the IC is the feedback pin.

- Franc Zabkar