Eugen T

So true. Solder joints in these series are amazingly bad.

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
Bad solder connections at the output IC(s), speaker connectors, maybe at

the
relay.
Or the relay could be bad. Technics models are famous for the solder

issues
though.

Mark Z.

"Justin" wrote in message
my receiver is acting up as in no matter what mode
(stereo-surround-normal),
the front left speaker doesn't work - or will kick in intermittently. It
normally will kick in at a loud sound ect. but then kick out not long
after,
but if I switch the balance all the way left and BRIEFLY crank the

volume
until it kicks in it will continue to play from both the left and the
right
channel at lower volumes until I turn the unit off.

anything I should be checking for or probing for?

thank you
justin