Jim Adney

On 07 Nov 2004 00:45:27 GMT (WbSearch) wrote:

When I used to do development work on automatic transmissions. the valve bodies
had blind roll pins to hold valves in. To remove them we used allen keys
ground to a point. They were inserted in the pin and turned in the direction
to tighten the roll while pulling the pin out of the hole.

That's an interesting technique and I'm glad to hear of it, but those
must have been spirol pins, not roll pins. The latter only go around a
little less than once, so they aren't "directional."

-
Jim Adney

Madison, WI 53711 USA