Tony Hwang

Chris Szilagyi wrote:

(Chris Szilagyi) wrote in message . com...

Hello:

I've been trying to do some research on generators, and Honda has been
highly recommended. I was curious how the Northstar 8000 Watt Honda
13 HP generator rates (item #165914-1501). I was curious how clean
its power is (would it be safe for sensative equipment like computers;
the description at Northern mentions using it for computers). I've
seen some talk about the models that have inverters & voltage
regulators, and wasn't sure if this Northstar model has either.
Personally, I would be using it for emergency purposes to run a couple
computers, well, furnace fan, etc.

I would appreciate all feedback on this generator, good or bad.

Thank you very much for all responses!

Thank you for all feedback. I decided to purchase this generator. It
seems to be a good value and fits well with what I will be using it
for. I like the fact it has a Honda GX390 engine, built-in voltage
regulation (with claimed "6% total harmonic distortion"). The product
description does not mention voltage regulation but I did call to
confirm it does have it.

It was delivered by truck and the small grounding post was snapped off
the front panel (due to rough handling during shipping probably). A
quick call to the Northstar customer service got right through and
they are sending out the new piece.

I would also like to mention that the wheel kit for this is highly
recommended.

So far so good. If I run across any problems I will definitely post
them.

Thanks!!
--
Chris

Hi,
Up here in Alberta, NWT, Honda is choice. Always starts good in
extreme cold. And reliable.
Tony