willie thompson

Default acoustic damping solutions

"Rachel" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:06:54 +0000, Grunff wrote:

Is there anyone who's reading this newsgroup that can give me some
personal experience of how much better the insulation can make the
problem of noise?

The reason I ask, is that I've previously had experience of living in a
flat with noisy students above me, which gave me a hell of sleepless
nights for a year (beofore they moved out). So I'm quite sensitive about
this issue, but apart from that, this new place is the flat of our
dreams, and worth any amount of effort that it would take to fix the noise
problem. (if it can be fixed)

but what I don't want to find, is that we move in, spend a year doing the
place up, and then have to move because I can still hear Elvis!

thanks for any help
Rachel

Rachel,

I used these guys http://www.domesticsoundproofing.co.uk/ when I needed the
floor of my flat insulated against noise - I lived above a bookies shop, and
I was fed up listening to the 2.30 from Cheltenham !
anyway, they gave me advice, sold me the gear, and I diy'ed it. I don't know
the difference in decibels, but it reduced an annoying noise to just a
background noise, which was good enough for me.
You might want to have a chat with them first, to see what they recommend.

cheers,

Willie