J. Clarke

Mike wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
Bill Rubenstein wrote:

I can't resist...

A friend who does drawings was busy in his booth, drawing. A woman
looked over his shoulder and asked "Are you drawing that?"

I'm reminded of a girl I used to date who one day called me up and when I
answered the first thing she said was "Are you near a phone?"

Actually not too bad a question now - with call forwarding and cell
phones. But, yes, "Are you home?" still sounds odd even though it is a
good question.

"Are you home" is one thing. But if I'm talking to her on a telephone it
should be intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that I am within
talking distance of the phone on which I am talking.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)