william_b_noble

my slicer, used as a coring tool, works OK once you learn the tricks - you
wedge the tip in the ways and bend to the required curvature, and cut away.
But my new problem is that the heat removed the carbide tip - while the tool
itself can still be sharpend, it doesn't hold its edge as long ( :-(

"Joe Fleming" wrote in message
om...
Peter,

The "original" coring system was a Stewart Slicer in an armbrace.
This system makes conical cores. Many still use it today. There are
three dedicated coring systems on the market: McNaughton, Woodcut and
Oneway. Depending on what you are corings, what shapes you want and
how big a lathe you have, may swing your choice to one tool or
another.